Phenomenal Blueberry Muffins!




First of all, I really dislike blueberries. When I was little, my mom would make my sisters blueberry muffins and then make me one with no blueberries. Most of the time she made them from a box. If you bake a lot, you know that once you start making homemade muffins, the box has nothing on them.

Anyways, while I still don't love blueberries, these muffins are phenomenal! This recipe gives a great muffin base that is perfect for having fruit in it. It's just thick enough to where the muffin isn't falling apart and the blueberries don't all sink to the bottom. Plus, it's topped off with a nice sugary crumble. Who doesn't love that?!

Yields: 8 Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes

Preheat oven to 400°

Ingredients

Muffin:

        1 1/2 cups flour
        3/4 cup sugar
        1/2 teaspoons salt
        2 teaspoons baking powder
        1/3 cup vegetable oil
        1 egg
        Approximately 1/3 cup of buttermilk (regular milk works, but is not preferred)
        1 cup fresh blueberries

Topping:
        1/3 cup brown sugar
        1/8 cup flour
        1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
        1 Tablespoon softened butter
       -To make topping, mix all of the ingredients together using a fork.

Printable Recipe!

Assembly


  1. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
  2. Place the oil in a 1 cup measuring cup. Add the egg, and then fill to the brim with the buttermilk.
  3. Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
  4. Fold in the blueberries.
  5. Line 8 muffin tins with paper liners and divide the batter among the tins. 
  6. Sprinkle the muffins with the sugar topping.
  7. Bake at 400° for approximately 20 minutes.
  8. EAT. (:
Follow me on Pinterest!


Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7


I don't remember where I got this recipe, but if I do I will give credit where it's due. Have a blessed day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up