Madre's Banana Muffins.



There are very few banana flavored things I don't like, but this is definitely in my top 3 favorites. Plus, they are SO EASY to make. When I was growing up my mom used to make loaves of this and stick them in a cooler for our 14 hour road trips to Colorado. I have no idea where she got the recipe, but it is the best banana bread i've ever had!

Yields: 12 muffins or 1 loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time:20-25 minutes for the muffins/1 hour for the loaf
            -I have this issue where I don't set a timer for things. I just kinda estimate how long they will take and then check on them... Sooo the muffins might need an extra couple of minutes, but I'm pretty sure 20 minutes is the golden time.

Preheat your oven to 350°

Ingredients
        3 or 4 over-ripe bananas
        1/2 cup melted butter
        1 cup of sugar
        1 egg
        1 teaspoon vanilla
        1 teaspoon baking soda
        pinch of salt
        1 1/2 cups flour
        -you can add a cup of walnuts if you desire. I personally think walnuts are nasty. (:

Printable Recipe!

Assembly

  1. Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl using a fork.
  2. Combine the ingredients! 
  3. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners/spray the bottom of a loaf pan with cooking spray
  4. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes for muffins, or about an hour for the loaf!
Follow Me on Pinterest!

Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Proverbs 30:5

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up