Snickers Cheesecake Bars!



        I think I would hate being rich. Seriously. I feel like I would become selfish and that slowly and tragically I would find myself pursuing things, instead of Jesus, to bring me happiness and peace. I want to spend my life doing social work and ministry... sooooo that pretty much guarantees I'll never struggle with that!


        I say that because as I was baking these snickers cheesecake bars today, I was imagining a life that involved me owning my own bakery. AHHHH! I freak out a little when I think about that life. Sometimes I daydream about living in another country and setting up a little bakery while doing ministry there at a local church. As fun and exciting as that sounds, I also know it's very unlikely to happen-(the bakery part, not the working at a church part). However, I couldn't help but get carried away with the idea of having the extra money to bake things for people every single day of my life. If I could, these are definitely one of the things I would give away.



















Snickers Cheesecake Bars are one of the easiest things I've ever made. Here is all you need!


Printable Recipe

Cook time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: 16 squares

Ingredients:

Crust
-22 Oreos
-6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Filling
-16 oz cream cheese (2 normal packages). I used low fat in attempt to trick my mind into thinking these were healthy...
-1 egg
-1/4 cup of sugar
-2 teaspoons vanilla
- 15-16 fun size snickers. (or 4 regular sized bars)
-1/2 cup of chocolate chips


Instructions!

1. Make the crust first. Heat your oven to 350F degrees. Take an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan and line it with aluminum foil so that it hangs over the edge.
2. Use a magic bullet, food processor, blender, or some ziplock baggies & your feet to blend up the 22 Oreos into a fine crumb. Dumb the deliciousness into a bowl and mix in the melted butter.
3. Press the Oreo mixture into the lined pan and bake it for about 9 minutes. Let cool and start preparing the filling.

1. Chop up your snickers bars into m&m sized pieces and set them aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl combine the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla and blend them together for 3 minutes. Stir in the snickers pieces.
3. Spread the mixture over your cooled Oreo deliciousness. Top with about 1/3 of your chocolate chips. 
4. Bake for about 30 minutes until the cheesecake has set and the edges are slightly browned. 
5. -Take the remainder of your chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave. Mine took about 45 seconds. I stirred them about every 15 seconds. 
-Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cooked cheesecake.
6. THIS PART SUCKS.
    -Stick them in the fridge for about 3 hours. It's a long time I know... but they are worth the wait. Pull them out of the pan using the foil and cut them into about 16 normal sized pieces... or 8 perfectly large and wonderful pieces. 

Enjoy!

You can also try these with Milky Ways!

PS. One day I will successfully write my own recipe from scratch... but I got this one from the wonderful Sally's Baking Addiction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up